getting it right

24 May 2010

the whitney drive roller rink

I just got home, with a Wendy's #2 combo in tow, and my fries were cold. What is this, Communist Russia? If a hardworking, decent American can't get hot fries at 12:30 a.m., what is this country coming to?

Just kidding. I'm just "joshing" you. </Minnesota accent>

Much of my free time (what little there seems to be) is spent on YouTube. Lately I've been trying to find videos for songs I remember from middle & high school, and look at this nugget I dug up:


Thank god for this song, which in 9th grade allowed me to completely sass out in the privacy of my childhood basement. I would strap on rollerblades and skate around and around for hours on industrial low-pile carpeting from the 70s. I think I even had the cassette maxi-single of this song with all those cheesy remixes, which I listened to on a gem of a Sony boombox, with a CD player and two cassette players/recorders. Don't even get me started on the loss of that expressive medium: the mix tape.

Anyway, when I tried to relive these glory-days-of-my-youth-on-wheels last spring, I wound up with a concussion.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home