getting it right

28 December 2008

trivia champions of the world

So it was just Judy, Kate, and I at trivia tonight and we SWEPT UP. Don't know what it was, but we just had a good night. Also, Paul wasn't there, so that helped. I love Paul but he is a trivia force to be reckoned with.

It was only two weeks ago that I was completely and utterly ill, and I think my body is telling me to take a day off and stay in my PJs and watch Arrested Development. Between moving and working and being sick and recovering from finals, and, well, tequila, I'm worn out. I had a dream last night that I dropped out of school... a thought that has been running through my head these past few weeks. Do I need to take time off? What's my dealie-yo?

I don't want to be *that* roommate who is always at home and never leaves, but I love this place so much it may shape up to be that way. I'm also trying to be conservative with my money and contribute to our recession however I can. Andy is in possession of the Binder of Infinite DVDs so I wouldn't be at a loss for things to watch.

New Year's is coming up and I haven't really thought about it. I think it'd be awkward to ask a guy out for a first date on NYE. I'd say half the time I stay in and half the time I go out on NYE. Everyone puts so much pressure on themselves and their evenings that those expectations often ruin the fun. (I'm not immune to this practice.) I had a really fun NYE in 2001. I was dating Mark and we went to The Grand and got dressed up and everything. Even when I end up staying in and going to bed before midnight, I still wake up the next morning with a tinge of excitement. I may just make some resolutions this year.

I had a strange premonition walking home from work yesterday that February 1st 2009 is going to be an important day somehow. Maybe it's nothing, but I certainly have learned to start listening to all that gobbledygook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home