getting it right

12 April 2009

weird/scary dream

I just woke up from a dream that took place in the future. I flew to London, which took about an hour. Everything was computerized, including cars. It was my first time overseas, and everything was freaking me out because Britain had advanced technologically faster than the U.S. and most of this stuff I had never seen before. It was raining, and I got to my hotel and I noticed I had a piece of microscope slide glass stuck in my finger, and it was bleeding. Only the blood was perfectly clear, almost like water but still thick. I went back out to my rental car and looked around for a band-aid. It accidentally started and took off driving, and not very well, mind you. It started off by pulling a u-turn up on the sidewalk and then launching off of the curb. Then it hit the highway, which was a total mess. I eventually put it into manual and drove around, again, badly. I was constantly almost in an accident.

I ended up back at the airport. They had these first aid booths there which were completely automated. I don't actually remember going in one, but my finger wound up being healed. I was more fascinated with the fact that I was standing in front of the entrance to a restricted wing of the airport which held something "very valuable." There was also a rock band that was permitted to hang out in that wing, so there were groupies out front trying to get in. I think I started talking to one about how freaked out I was about all of the new technology.

Skip to another dream? another part? Don't know. I am in a football field with a huge (100s) group of bona fide late 1960's hippies. We're in Texas or something like that. The new sheriff has gathered all of the hippies here to convince them to go fight in Vietnam. The stadium is built into a natural hill, and all of the hippies at the top are standing around and the sheriff tells them that they need to sit down, and they do. I am sitting on the lawn at the bottom of the hill.

Then about 10 or so planes and flying saucers fly across the sky and stop mid-air above us. They are all different looking, but a lot of them look like large mechanical insects. The sheriff gives them some kind of signal and they show off their flight capabilities, then stop again mid-air, all at the same time. It's scary to watch. It's implied that we should go fight in Vietnam because then we get to fly these amazing contraptions that we are all awed by. Then the planes drop thousands of flyers onto the stadium. I get one and it looks like a photocopy from the Metropolitan newspaper where I work, only on an oddly-sized piece of paper, maybe 9 x 12 or so. Someone next to me tells me that the army has their own standard paper sizes. Then I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home