getting it right

23 February 2009

confessions of a loserr

That's right, "loserr." Just like Christina Aguilera's "Dirrty." No, I'm just kind of frustrated because I just cannot get started this semester. All of my energies seem to be going to my jobs. i.e., today I designed ads all day, for 9.5 hours, at the newspaper. And now I have a slew of design projects due tomorrow at 9:30? I don't fucking think so. I already worked on the shit for 3 hours Saturday, 4 hours yesterday, and now 3 hours today. I haven't gotten even close to done.

It makes me mad that so many people get to breeze through life with one job, which they are able to mentally and physically leave at 5:00. Here I am in my 7th year of undergraduate education. I'm ready to throw my hands up and put that green apron on and just try to find contentment in handing out lattes. I often feel I have no place in the "real" world. It's like if you're competent, no one else is. Or if you have a different idea, it gets dismissed as crazy. Like, I think a cool idea to get the country out of this economic muff-up would be to swtich to the metric system. It's something we ought to do anyway, and remodeling our entire infrastructure would create hella jobs. Also, it's going to suck, which may actually unify everyone. Hell, they may actually revolt, which may not be a bad thing. It would be like New Coke all over again.

I also hate that I've nearly completed a degree in graphic design and I still don't feel like I know what the fuck I'm doing.

And everyone around me is a fucking flake.

And everything sucks.

And I'm a big fucking baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home