getting it right

28 January 2009

The Astounding Problem of Andrew Novick

I just got home from the opening of The Astounding Problem of Andrew Novick, which is at The Lab at Belmar. I think I need to go back when there aren't any people there so I can take in the massive amounts of *stuff* without being in anyone's way. It was a very impressive array.

As Americans, we obviously wrap a lot of our memories and emotions into material objects, so seeing some of the items from my past in Andrew's collection was bittersweet. Board games, toys, stickers, trading cards... lots of things that certainly activate a bunch of synapses for me. There were some good memories that came up, but with that comes the knowledge that those people, places, and things are long gone. I probably do live in the past more than is healthy. At least enough to make America's Favorite Leprechaun, Eckhart Tolle, come and bite my knees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home