getting it right

03 January 2009

hmm...

Work today turned out to be not-so-great for reasons I won't hash out here. After work I went to an art opening at Emmanuel Gallery w/Andy and Michael. The best thing about the show was a back wall full of art that you could take off the wall and take home with you. I took a print of Adam & Eve that called out to me. I got home and made an awful dinner for myself. Simply awful. I'm not much of a cook, but this was pretty terrible by even my standards.

I'm really hurting for a vacation, but unfortunately don't have the means to take one. At this point, I would settle for two consecutive days off where I'm not on call, called in, or worried about something job-related. Even one day off where I don't have any chores to do. I probably wouldn't know what to do with myself. Actually, I know I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I was reading about New Year's festivities in Japan. Everyone sends out postcards to their friends & family wishing them a happy new year. I would love to take a day and make/collage my own correspondence. I owe Xena a loooong letter, and owe many thank you cards to various peeps who got me xmas gifts. It would be fun to cut down some 5 x 7 cardstock and spend the day mass-producing postcards. And drink a lot of coffee. And listen to Pandora internet radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home